2005 Lotus Exige Espionage
(from Lotus Press Release) The Lotus Exige is based purely around phenomenal performance and handling, With the advanced 1.8 litre VVTL-i engine producing a maximum power output of 192PS (189hp, 141kw) and 181 Nm (133 lb.ft, 18.5 kgm) of torque, the Exige sprints to 160 km/h (100 mph) in 13.2 seconds before reaching a top speed of 237 km/h.
Key to this phenomenal performance and handling is the total aerodynamic package (which gives 41.2 kg of downforce at 160 km/h - 19.3 kg: front and 21.9 kg: rear) and light weight, the latter made possible through innovative engineering and clever design.
Uniquely tailored features of the Lotus Exige “Espionage”:
· Bespoke navy paint with strategically placed pin stripes to match the fabric used on the Gieves spy suit
· Pin stripe flashes on the side and underneath the scoop
· V-section on the alloy wheels shaved back to silver
· The seat inserts are tailored from the Gieves classic navy blue pin stripe along with matching dashboard and black leather door inserts
· In keeping with the lining of the suit the rear of the seats are lined with silk
· In keeping with the classic brogue shoes fitting of an English secret agent, bespoke black leather floor mats have been developed with brogue detailing and screwed in to the floor panel with silver studs
· All air-vents also have a silver surround
About Gieves & Hawkes:
All over the world, Savile Row stands for the very best in men's tailoring and so it is fitting that Gieves & Hawkes should be 'No 1 Savile Row': a remarkable address.
The company was formed
from two famous businesses: Gieves, founded in 1785 and Hawkes,
founded in 1771. Since then, the company have welcomed a passing
parade of famous customers whose names would fill a book. The
magnificent full dress occasions of British State Ceremonial have
been embellished and enriched by their craftsmen's skills, and
overseas monarchs and leaders have looked upon them to meet their
own exacting requirements. Today Gieves & Hawkes, as the purveyor of
quintessential English style, dress individuals who are interested in the rules and references of tradition but who desire to present these in a visually exciting and contemporary way: in their own way. Confident in what they wear, they appreciate luxury and are most interested, ultimately, in style. They have a sense of occasion and dress accordingly. Gieves & Hawkes present these men
with modern classics - simultaneously modern and classic - across their wardrobe, from formal evening wear to suiting and through to casual wear.
In addition to the flagship store on Savile Row, there are a further thirteen stores and concessions in the United Kingdom. Gieves & Hawkes also have numerous fine stores and concessions in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and from September 2005, Japan.