2014 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
|---- Specifications ----|
|Engine||5 liter V8||Weight||3638 lbs|
|Aspiration||supercharger||Torque||501.5 @ 3500 rpm|
|HP||550 hp @6500 rpm||HP/Weight||6.6 lbs per hp|
|HP/Liter||110 hp per liter||1/4 mile||--|
|0-62 mph||4.2 seconds||Top Speed||186 mph (electronically limited)|
(from Jaguar Press Release)All-New Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupé Revealed at High-Speed During Exclusive Los Angeles VIP Event
- The all-new Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé range, led by the high-performance F-TYPE R Coupé model, has made its global dynamic debut at an exclusive VIP media and consumer event on the eve of the Los Angeles Auto Show
- The reveal event drew a top entertainment and auto enthusiast crowd including Simon Cowell, Miranda Kerr, Nicholas Hoult, Joe Manganiello, Kelly Osbourne, David Gandy, Yasmin Mills, Jodie Kidd, singer-songwriter Andra Day and, host of CarCast, Adam Carolla
- The new three-model F-TYPE Coupé range is headlined by theF-TYPE R Coupé, its 550PS 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine enabling acceleration from 0-60 mph in 4.0-seconds, and a top speed of 186 mph (limited)
- The F-TYPE Coupé range complements the '2013 World Car Design of the Year' award-winning F-TYPE Convertible
- The F-TYPE Coupé will go on sale from the spring of 2014
This evening saw the global dynamic debut of the new Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé range, including the surprise reveal of the range-topping 550PS F-TYPE R Coupé, in a dramatic high-speed event.
Jaguar celebrated its innovation in design and technology with a highly theatrical and dramatic reveal at Raleigh Studios in Playa Vista, California. The first glimpse the assembled media, celebrities and customers at the exclusive event saw of F-TYPE R Coupé was of it accelerating towards them before it passed under their grandstand at full throttle.
The evening captured the hearts of British and international fans of the brand, including Simon Cowell, Miranda Kerr, Nicholas Hoult, Joe Manganiello, Kelly Osbourne, David Gandy, Yasmin Mills, Jodie Kidd, singer-songwriter Andra Day and, host of CarCast,Adam Carolla, as they celebrated Jaguar's heritage and the arrival of its all-new sports coupé.
The celebration was led by Jaguar's Director of Design, Ian Callum, who said: "Creating a sports coupé is the purest of design tasks and also the most challenging; get it right and aesthetically the result will be as dynamic as the car should be rewarding to drive. In F-TYPE Coupé, I believe we've got it right.
"The dramatic debut of the 550PS F-TYPE R Coupé in Los Angeles this evening - possibly the most dynamic reveal of a car ever - underlines its performance credentials."
The all-aluminium Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé model line-up is headlined by the F-TYPE R Coupé, its 550PS/680Nm 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine enabling acceleration from 0-60mph in 4.0-seconds, and a top speed of 186mph (limited). F-TYPE S Coupé and F-TYPE Coupé models complete the range, powered respectively by 380PS and 340PS versions of Jaguar's 3.0-litre supercharged V6 engine, giving 0-60mph in 4.8/5.1-seconds and top speeds of 171/161mph.
The F-TYPE Coupé range complements the existing 2013 'World Car Design of the Year' award-winning F-TYPE Convertible model line-up of V6-engined F-TYPE (340PS) and F-TYPE S (380PS), and the F-TYPE V8 S (495PS).
The F-TYPE Coupé will go on sale in spring of 2014.